How to Take Advantage of Identity Management in Your Identity Theft Insurance Policy
Did you know that every two seconds, someone becomes a victim of identity theft? Identity theft insurance can help protect you from any costs you may incur trying to restore your life back to normal, and it can also help you be proactive about protecting your identity with identity management services. But what is identity management? Let’s take a look at the different aspects of your personal identity that could be at risk.
Identity management is a way to keep track of your identity and personal information by taking advantage of services that can help you maintain your safety and catch identity theft attacks before they happen. Identity management is a comprehensive process that encompasses a number of different services such as detection, reactive monitoring, consumer education, advocacy, and guidance — and you can get access to all of them with an identity theft insurance policy.
While identity theft insurance doesn’t have the ability to reinstate any money you may lose due to a stolen identity, it can help you feel more confident in your ability to recover from identity theft with the resources you have access to. You don’t have to be suffering from identity theft, either. If you have a concern regarding the safety of your information or your identity, identity management services can help you confirm that everything is as it should be or offer advice or assistance to put things back to normal.
What Services Does Identity Management Include?
Identity management services can be customized to your needs based on your policy, so whether your wallet was stolen, you lost important documents, or your personal information was exposed online, you’ll know that you have access to expert resources that will help you recover.
Identity management can include the following services:
- Break-In Recovery – With this service you can take advantage of fraud experts to help you prevent the misuse of stolen personal data in the event of a break-in
- Disaster Recovery – If your home is lost in the event of a natural disaster, this service can assist you in recovering your personal IDs and documents that were lost. With this service, you can also receive help in notifying the right government agencies and providers that important documentation has gone missing
- Document Replacement Services – If your personal IDs and documents are lost in a different type of situation, you can use this service to restore the materials that were lost and get help letting the right agencies and providers know what happened
- Financial Fraud Support – Use this service to get security support for maintaining your current and future credit from unauthorized account activity, account takeovers, and any financial accounts that are opened in your name
- Medical Identity Theft Support – Medical fraud is a serious offense. With this service, you can ensure that your personal medical information is protected from medical fraud, and if it does occur, this service will help you recover your identity and get back on your feet
- Military Identity Theft Support – If you’re protecting our country, you shouldn’t have to worry about your identity falling into the wrong hands. This service will establish an active-duty military fraud alert with an authorized relative while you’re away
- Phish Assist – Phishing scams get more sophisticated every year. With this service, you can rest assured that even the most intelligent phishing scams are detected, and if you do fall victim to a phishing attack, this service offers recovery support for stolen personal data, online usernames, passwords, and credit card data
- Proactive Services – In the event that your personal data is compromised, this service helps you take the right preventative measures, like establishing fraud alerts, to avoid identity theft before it goes too far
- Social Media Compromise Assist – Use this service to take better steps toward managing your family’s reputation on social networks
- System Protection Guidance – Your devices, meaning phones, tablets, and computers, are also at risk of being compromised. Use this service to get access to top-rated security resources and options
- Tax Fraud Support – This service makes sure that in the event your social security number is stolen and used to file false taxes in your name, your refund can be recovered without having to jump through the confusing hoops of the tax system
- Travel Identity Theft Support – If you’re a frequent traveler or staying in a different country, make sure all your travel documents, like passports, visas, IDs, and more are able to be replaced in the event that they are stolen
With identity management services, you can trust that you’re covered from any angle with any concerns you may have regarding your identity — and the best part is that you won’t have to shell out a ton more money to cover the premium. Since identity theft insurance is typically an add-on to an existing property policy, the cost is often less than $100 for the entire year.
Interested in learning more about identity theft insurance and identity management? Talking to an independent insurance agent is the best way to get the coverage that fully manages your risks. At CoverLink Insurance, we’re focused on people — not policies, and our agents will work with you to understand the specific risks you’re facing and develop a comprehensive policy that addresses your needs.
Ready to get better insurance? Reach out to us today to learn more.